Thursday, 20 October 2011

What A Preformance :)

So yesterday all TY stundents in my school went into Dublin to visit museums & see a play in the Abby Theatre , Juno & the Paycock.
  We arrived in Dublin at around tenish , and we hit the firts museum which was all about W.B Yeats , it  was so interesting because we were able to see all of the actual origional poems that he had written , and we were able to see everything that had happened in his life & we also learned about the love of his life Maud Gonne & how he expressed his love for her but she never returned it.
   After the Yeats exhibition , we went to see the bog bodies! They were so scary & interesting at the same time. They were just normal people who were murdered in Ireland & then found , we were able to see the actual remains of the bodies!
    Next was MCDONALS!! By this stage everyone was starving , so when lunch time hit , we all litrally ran down Grafton Street so that we could que and get our food quick & then walk around town for a while :)
    After lunch it was time to go to the Abby to watch Juno & The Paycock. To be honest , after reading the book I did not think that I would enjoy the play , because personally I found the book hard to follow , but when the curtains opened and the play began , I never once took my eyes off the stage , it was amazing! It was dramatic , romantic , and had the irish humour too , all in all I thought the play was amazing and I would definatly recommend it to anybody who has read the play , because I found that it was totally different watching it.

It was a great day all together :)

2 comments: